Seeds Conference 2014 – Willie George on the Next Generation
Photo Credit: Someone on Twitter. I can’t remember the name!! If this is your photo, let me know!
So I’m a Technical Director by trade, but I have been in the Church for a long time. So I’ve been in Church since the days of children’s ministry, and then grew up through the youth ministry. At Seeds Conference, when Willie George started talking about Children’s ministry, I was tempted to tune out a bit (It was the morning session and all). But what he had to say connected with me in a deeper level, because I had been through everything he talked about in the Church. I was once in the children’s ministry and the youth ministry, and I carried the same burden that he was talking about. However with all good speakers, he found a good way to phrase it:
- The missing ministry of Jesus – Children and Youth Ministry
- Christ modeled every ministry he set in the church
- Mat 9:18 – Kids have real problems
- Mat 10:42 – And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.
- Mat 18:1-4 – At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. the way we treat children shows true attitude to Christ
- The burden of change is always on the older generation
- …like a child
- They wanted me when I was 30 not when I was 10. Have me when your 10 and you’ll get me when I’m 30.
- Heaven is filled with Children
- This is the quietest world you will ever live in, Heaven is filled with Children! Ha!
- How long is your church going to last? Will you burn bright for just one generation?